About Dr. Snyder
McAllen's Premier Orthopedic Surgeon
Dr. Bill Snyder
Dr. Snyder’s professional career has been an impressive series of firsts:
The 1st orthopedic surgeon in the Rio Grande Valley to perform minimally invasive arthroscopic shoulder rotator cuff repairs and quality ACL knee reconstructions in an outpatient setting.
The 1st orthopedic surgeon in the Valley to establish an exclusive Ambulatory Surgery Center licensed by the State of Texas so that these procedures can be provided outside a traditional hospital.
The 1st orthopedic surgeon in the Valley to provide an open extremity MRI in the office.
The 1st surgeon in the Valley to be nominated as a member of the Arthroscopy Association of North America. Dr. Snyder has performed thousands of successful arthroscopic surgery procedures. To his patients’ benefit, he is uniquely qualified to recognize when surgery is not needed.
Dr. Snyder has hand selected his team of highly-trained professionals, which includes registered nurses, surgical technicians, X-ray technologists and administrators, each dedicated to providing you with personalized care and outstanding results.
- University of Iowa Medical School, Iowa City, Iowa, Doctor of Medicine 1984
- Gustavus Adolphus College, St. Peter, Minnesota, Bachelor of Arts, Summa Cum Laude 1979
- Orthopaedic Surgeon Residency, Beaumont Army Medical Center, El Paso, TX 1988-1992
- Neurosurgery Preceptorship, Letterman Army Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 1985-1986
- Internship, Letterman Army Medical Center, San Francisco, CA 1984-1985
Professional and Teaching Experience
- Private Practice Orthopaedic Surgeon, McAllen, TX, July 1994 – present
- Medical Director, RGOI Ambulatory Surgery Center, McAllen, TX, September 1998 – present
- Chief, Orthopaedic Surgery, Fort Huachuca, AZ, July 1993 – June 1994
- Chief, Orthopaedic Surgery, US Army, Honduras, Central America, December 1992 – May 1993
- Staff Orthopaedic Surgeon, Fort Bragg, NC, July 1992 – June 1993
- Staff Emergency Room Physician, Fort Huachuca, AZ, June 1986 – 1988
Certification and Licensure
- Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1999 – 2009
- Medical Licenses: Texas, Arizona
- Current DEA, DPS
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Arthroscopy Association of North America (AANA)
Some other incorrect spellings of Dr. Bill Snyder you might have used to find this page: Doctor Snyder, Dr. Shoulder, Dr. Snider, Dr. Schnyder. This is the only Dr. Bill Snyder Orthopedic Surgeon, sometimes known as Doctor Knee in McAllen Tx.
Advanced Orthopaedic Institute
400 E Dove Avenue, McAllen, TX 78504
(956) 686 – BONE (2663)