One of the most significant advantages of receiving treatment at Advanced Orthopaedic Institute is our complete commitment to your total care—from examination, diagnosis, education, and treatment to physical rehabilitation and assistance with insurance and administrative matters. We’re by your side every step of the way. While we offer a variety of medical services at AOI, everyone on our staff is thoroughly trained and dedicated to ensuring you receive comprehensive care and a rapid recovery.
One of the most significant advantages of receiving treatment at AOI is our complete commitment to your total care—from examination, diagnosis, education, and treatment to physical rehabilitation and assistance with insurance and administrative matters. We’re on your side every step of the way.
Everyone on our staff is thoroughly trained and dedicated to ensuring that your experience at AOI is enhanced by comprehensive care and rapid recovery.
Effective treatments and options
- Advanced Extremity MRI
- In-House X-ray
- Knee Pain Treatment
- Effective non-surgical treatment
- Orthopedic Doctor Consultation
- Pre and post op physical rehabilitation
- Administrative assistance with insurance*
- Sports and work training and conditioning
- Accurate diagnosis
Our Standards of Practice
- The most accurate diagnosis possible
- Advanced medical equipment
- An open state-of-the-art MRI extremity scanner, available during your office visit
- Effective, non-surgical treatments and options
- A highly-specialized facility dedicated to orthopaedic shoulder and knee injuries
- A team of doctors, nurses, rehabilitation specialists, and technicians
- Personal, one-on-one assistance with insurance and details
- A calm, relaxed and infection-free* environment
*Our patients are injured, not ill; therefore, our facility remains infection-free. We are proud to say that our operating room has never performed a procedure on an infected patient.
If your injury does require surgery:
- We take care of you in our on-site, state certified Surgery Center. You don’t have to go to a hospital.
- We use minimally invasive surgical procedures that dramatically reduce your recovery time.
- There will be minimal scarring, with tiny entry points similar to the diameter of a pea.
- You will receive same-day service—walk in, walk out—no crutches, no overnight stays.
- The same friendly, reliable staff is with you from consultation through rehabilitation.
- There is a comfortable waiting area for family & friends, complete with refreshments, snacks, and entertainment.
- You will benefit from thorough follow-up and physical rehabilitation services.
Orthopedic MRI & XRAY
Part of getting an accurate diagnosis is to use available technology to help us! We have an in-office open extremity MRI. The MRI shows the soft tissue inside and around your injured joint and we can use this to determine more accurately the extent of your injury. We have our films read by a Radiologist and results are usually available within a day, sometimes sooner! Dr. Snyder reviews the MRI and we keep you informed every step of the way. You’ll get to see your films and have them discussed with you so you can see for yourself.
Arthroscopic Knee Surgery
Arthroscopic surgery has dramatically changed the way knee and shoulder injuries are treated. Compared to traditional open hospital-based surgery, outpatient arthroscopic surgery at AOI is minimally invasive with just two or three pea-sized incisions – resulting in less scarring. Arthroscopic surgery also takes less time – usually less than one hour. Outpatient arthroscopic surgery dramatically reduces the risk of infection and allows patients to return home just an hour or so after surgery. Our patients enjoy shortened recovery time, usually can resuming limited daily activities shortly thereafter.
Rehabilitation - Therapy & Massage
Advanced Orthopaedic Institute
400 E Dove Avenue, McAllen, TX 78504
(956) 686 – BONE (2663)
Your one-stop for the comprehensive treatment of knee and shoulder injuries.
Contact Our Practice
We’ll connect with you to answer your questions and/or schedule a consultation.